IMPORTANT REGISTRATION INFORMATION
KWYBA Registration Policy
- Every sports league program has registration deadlines and unique rules on how to assemble teams. The KWYBA has an evaluation period which will determine team rosters by division based upon the assessment of skill level to create balanced teams.
- Team requests – The KWYBA realizes requesting certain teams for reasons of transportation, child care, friends, etc., would be appreciated by parents. However, we do not honour special requests. We are dedicated to the player rating system and making teams as BALANCED as possible.
- Because of team size restrictions, signing up does not guarantee a position on a team roster or a requested practice night. The KWYBA takes sign-ups on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Team size – The KWYBA establishes a maximum team size for each division. Novice and Atom divisions to be a maximum of 10 players per team and all other divisions a maximum of 12 players.
- The KWYBA will not allow a child to move up to an older age division, unless the younger division has an abundance of players and the older division is short of players. A child moving up must have played at least one year in the division they wish to move up from. If there is a special request to move a player up, the house league coordinator will consider the request.
Creating Balanced Teams
Attention Parents / Guardians & Coaches: Please note, before you register a participant for this program, that the KWYBA utilizes an ‘evaluation process’ to ensure parity of teams. Only the COACH’s son/daughter is guaranteed a slot on the team. (limited to one head coach and one assistant coach per team). Siblings in the same division will also be guaranteed a spot on the same team. We cannot accept requests or guarantee a specific coach, team, or teammate in the league since this would take away from the purpose of the rating system. Thanks for your support.
1st time KWYBA members
All initial online registrations go through our House League Divisions (Novice, Atom, Bantam, Midget, Juvenile). There are no "Major" divisions like OBA.
There is no separate registration for Viper Rep teams (Boys or Girls). After tryouts are completed, successful members will have their registration funds transferred to the Viper account. Those unsuccessful members will have the opportunity to join our very successful House League to continue to develop their skills or request a refund through the Executive Administrator.
In addition, please check the "Frequently Asked Questions" Section on the left of the website. Most of your questions have been anticipated from past experiences and answered to the best of our ability.